The SFS International Programme is based solely at the Flamingo Land Stadium, which is a part of Scarborough’s new multi-million pound, state-of-the-art sports village.
All of our home fixtures are played on the same 3G surface used by our partners Scarborough Athletic FC in the English Northern Premier Division.
The Flamingo Land Stadium holds 3,000 supporters and despite only being built in 2017, it has already hosted teams like Sheffield United of the EPL and Leeds United, who play in the EFL’s Championship.
What we offer
- 10-16 hours a week coaching
- Filmed matches and video analysis.
- Position specific sessions with our trained staff.
- League and cup fixture programme.
- Feature matches
- Professional kit package.
- Use of our GPS Performance Monitoring technology and match analysis equipment.
- Opportunities to progress into the English Football Pyramid.
- Involvement from Physiotherapists, Strength and Conditioning Coaches to aid your recovery and development.
- Work experience opportunities with SFS or our partners Scarborough Athletic FC.
- Transport to and from matches.
Our coaches are highly-qualified and all have had experience of working both in professional and semi-professional football. Denny Ingram is manager of Pickering Town and has played well over 200 games in the EFL during a long career.
Ryan Blott has also played National League football and has scored over 250 goals for Scarborough Athletic. There are a variety of different match-day programmes, which will be based on the level of player.
We will have a specific teams in the BUCS League, which provides games against other colleges from across the North of England. We are also Scarborough Athletic FC feeder into the first team set up. The SAFC team competes against Under-19 sides from a number of EFL and National League clubs, including Carlisle United and Harrogate Town.
We have already had a number of Scholars that have gone on to turn-out for Scarborough Athletic FC’s first team, as well as two who have played for the club at EFL Championship side Middlesbrough’s 35,000 capacity Riverside Stadium.