Full-Time Football & Higher Education
Have you finished college? Do you want to pursue a career in sport both on and off the pitch? If the answer is YES then come and study with us and train in our professional sporting environment! The course is open to both Male and Females out of college as well as mature students looking to stay in the game and develop different skills.
We have teamed up with Loughborough Academy of Sport to offer three Degree pathways for aspiring players and sport professionals. The programme is known as blended learning. Your time is blended as follows:
- 6-9 hours with the club on lectures and seminars per week within the stadium
- Online learning with access to library and all course content
- 10 hour structured Football Programme
- 5 Contact days per year in Loughborough
- Tutor support both at Scarborough and Loughborough
- Accommodation can be provided – enquire on application
The course allows flexibility. You can study for 1, 2 or 3 years. Year 1 you work towards a HNC (Higher National Certificate), Year 2 is a HND (Higher National Diploma and Year 3 you top up to a full degree. Each year your qualification is locked in and as long as you pass the units you get a qualification no matter how many years you study.
Choice of Courses
Please find below choices of course available. To apply click on the button and we will organise to call.
Sport & Exercise Science
Work towards a BSc (Hons) in Sport Science. Units include Sport Nutrition, Analysis, technology in sport, Strength and Conditioning as well as Psychology and Exercise Physiology.
This route is suited to people wanting work as part of a professional analysis team, work with elite athletes and improving player performance.
Sport Coaching (BSc Hons)
The Sports Coaching Course combines practical coaching units with injury prevention, performance analysis and talent identification units. Add on qualifications available to enhance your CV.
This route could lead into Professional Football clubs, specialist coaching (position specific), Coaching business and opportunities abroad.
Sport Business & Management
From customer care to leadership in sport, event management and sports development, you will get to grips with this BA (Hons) degree that leads into the International world of Sports Business.
Pathways could include Leisure facility management, agencies, entrepreneurship and media or marketing opportunities.
Here is a list of the main items to expect from our Football Programme. Last year two of our scholars made their debuts for Scarborough Athletic and one Scholar made her debut for Middlesbrough Ladies FC.
- Play for our Under-19 or Under-23 teams.
- Matches and Training within a stadium environment.
- Access to Gymnasium and exercise classes on site.
- Video Analysis.
- Fitness with Strength and Conditioning elements.
- Pathway into Northern Premier League club Scarborough Athletic FC.
- Injury prevention.
- Professional kit package – (£250).
Current Scarborough Athletic Captain, Michael Coulson has just completed year 1 of the degree programme.